Friday, August 7, 2009

Pray for Lee 8-7-09

Dear All:

One other item I wanted to post pertains to a beloved friend, colleague and boss. As life has dealt an unfortunate hand to Lee, please pray for him and his wife and family. Lee has been diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic cancer. What are the odds of two executives from the same company, who sit next to each other, one who supported me so much this last year on my own AML journey, of being touched with cancer? We can all say that Life isn't fair, etc., etc. However, praise God that Lee is a Godly man and his life is in the hands of our Lord.

Currently, Lee is going through chemo treatment and, unfortunately has no hope of his cancer being treated through surgery or a transplant. He does have the hope of his faith in our Lord and Savior. Lee's attitude is fantastic. He is positive and motivated to continue working. His wife and him left on a cruise today. Pray for a restful and inspirational time together. He has the hope of a miracle. Pray for that miracle. Most importantly, he is a "shining light" to me and others around him with his attitude and testimony. Whether it is in God's will that Lee be healed or prepare him for heaven, that is in the Lord's control. Medically, this is one of the nastiest of cancers and medically, there is no "cure". Please pray for him.

I want to thank Lee personally for his ongoing support of me. I just hope that somehow through my own AML journey that God has taught and prepared me to encourage and support Lee and their family. Lee and his family have a different journey than me. I ask each of you to join me in helping to pray and provide encouragement and support to them.

Thank You
God Bless You All
Dennis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for others with a weird sense of humor, just keep all your friends from your small group at Christ Church in mind.

Great to hear you are doing well. But you should share how you ended up at WOMEN'S Hospital unit at N.U.

See you soon,

John