Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 35 - 7/21/08

Hi Folks:

Well, the eight days of fever is behind me and I am feeling much better. I am now into my fifth day of chemo of the second cycle. So far so good. Of course, there will be the lag effect on my counts and potential fever again. I am just taking it one day at a time.

This round of chemo includes a new investigational drug designed to breakdown the "inhibitor" molecules which maintain the high resistance of the leukemic blast cells ("the bad guys"). So as ironic as it is that my business is about helping pharma and biotech companies conduct clinical trials, I am now participating in one. The idea of this new drug is to break down the resistance of the Bad Guys to open it up for the two chemo drugs to kill them off.

Please pray that this second round of chemo will do the job and enable me to get out of this place. The reality is that I am still facing another three weeks in here, so I am just trying to take it "One Day At A Time".

I look forward to the day I can go home. God Bless.

2 comments:

Randy K said...

Gennis, praying that the Bad Guys get overwhelmed by the Good Guys. After all, as one of the Best Guys, you deserve no less! God bless you.

DigitalHecht said...

Dennis,
Please know that you are in our prayers (Melinda and Ed)!